Soap Salvation

Sometimes it can be done, sometimes not.  This batch certainly “looks” salvaged, but it smells a bit like hair permanent!

I took my ugly bars I ruined the other day doing my tutorial, cut them up into chunks and imbedded them in a new soap.  The new soap, which I am calling “Shazaam!” was made with a base layer of 5x orange, with orange color added.  It was a really bright orange when I poured the soap.  I then added the black and tan chunks.  For the top layer I mixed up dragons blood and pink sugar fragrance oils and then added a teal colorant, which seems to have, miraculously, stuck.  Both dragons blood and pink sugar normally color a soap a very dark brown, and that was what I actually wanted for this soap, but wanted to experiment too.  Anyway, this morning it’s still an olive green!  I also added some soap shreds to the top for more of a confetti look.  I’m very happy with the soap….now if it just looses that “hair perm” smell I’ll be really happy.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: